Saturday, April 9, 2011

I enjoy running,

it's a good time. I like to run long distances and watch my surroundings change. Watching terrain and scenery pass by gives one a very special satisfaction. It doesn't matter how one does it: it can be by foot, bike, car, boat, plane, or anything, that movement is still there. It's very meditative, as well. During runs I achieve a sort of clarity I don't often otherwise experience, and I find I can see clearly what I need to do, where I need to go, and how I need to do those things. The same applies to extended solo road trips.

All these conceptual things are great. But one of the biggest things I love about running is that it just makes me feel good. I don't always get excited about it. Sometimes I do, but sometimes I have to stop thinking and just do it. Once I get outside and stretched and start running, I always enjoy it. I've never thought "dammit. now why the hell did I decide to do this?" I recommend it for everybody. It's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment