Saturday, April 9, 2011

Memories, Oh!

I have a few memories. Fortunately, they're not like children and I can play favorites.

I have an older sister, so naturally we share many memories. One particular one is of a beautiful summer afternoon, about fifteen or so years ago, in the backyard of my mother's house. It's a pleasant backyard. It has a hill that descends to where the yard meets the neighbors', and then there's an adjacent hill that rises back up to the same level. My sister and I were just running around as kids do, and my mom was gardening. Well, my sister got this grand idea that I had to run away. So she convinced me that I just HAD to run away. At first it was alright, but as soon as I got to the top of the adjacent hill in our neighbors' yard, I lost it. I burst out crying and wailing, and immediately ran back home. My mom had no idea what was going on. After I explained the situation, she was concerned, but slightly amused. She disciplined my sister and I still lived at home. Crisis averted.

No comments:

Post a Comment